Monday, March 9, 2009

Back in the Swing of Things

Whoo hoo! I did 5 miles yesterday and I did another 3 today! Yesterday I was extremely thirsty, I think that's what kept me from doing 6 or 7 (that and the fact that I hadn't run in 3 weeks and kinda wanted to test drive myself). I probably walked a little over half a mile total and I still finished in 1 hr 4 mins 44 secs. Which means that I had to have been running faster than a 12 min mile when I was running! Yippie!

Today we went out for a family fun run. We put Sofia in the stroller, Marc pushed, and I dictated the pace. :) On our way home we stopped at the playground and let Sofia climb, slide, and swing for about 10 minutes. Then we ran the remaining half mile home. I paused my stop watch while we were at the playground and I forgot to pause it when we got stopped at the redlight on the way out and we still finished in 35 mins 18 secs. Again, just better than a 12 min mile. Just imagine if I was consistent, maybe I could get back to a 10 or 11 min mile?!

Sofia and I restocked our carbs by having leftover spaghetti for lunch and we shared a slice of that wonderful chocolate cake I made last night.

Ok, so I really need to increase my water intake and stay hydrated. I think it will make running easier! That's my goal for the week.

No comments: