Monday, May 4, 2009

Just don't feel like it

It's wet and dreary here (again...but I'm not complaining, keeps the pollen count down) and I just didn't feel like running this morning. It's a little bit chillier out so I didn't want to run in the rain and I didn't want to run period. Since our gym is so close to Sofia's daycare, I went to the gym after dropping the lil one off at school (my last week of such luxuries...I start a new full-time job next Monday).

On days that I just don't want to work out, I do best to do a few minutes on different machines instead of trying to force myself to do any one thing for a full 30 minutes.

I did 10 minutes on the Cybex Arc Trainer (which I had never used before...very interesting machine....wore out my upper quads and hips rather quickly). I did 15 minutes on the bike (doing a modified version of a training program Beth's trainer sent me). And finally I ran a mile on the treadmill (in 10 minutes 14 seconds). I did 2 arm weight machines (I know my upper body is weak, but again, still not feeling like I want to be working out and not sure which ones to do, which is why I stopped at 2), some abs, and some stretching.

Now it's off to shower and to my bi-annual dentist appointment.

No comments: