Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Intervals here I come!

I haven't done much running lately. My marathon training starts on Sunday, so I've been giving myself a little break so I don't get burned out once I start marathon training. I went for a little 2 mile run last Friday and I took the dog for a longer than normal walk one day last week. I woke up with a very tight right calf and a sore right knee (like I've been standing with my knee locked all day). I had every intention of running today, but between the lightening and thunder at 5am when I was planning on going and the sore leg, I think I'm going to pass today. I am getting ready to ride my bike to the grocery store so I can get stuff to make Southwest Turkey Burgers for lunch. (Even though part of the reason I got a new job was to get out of the house, I'm still working from home! I have yet to get on with a client and I can do web-based training as easily from home as I can from the office that I was at by myself yesterday. I'm taking advantage while I can.)

Also, Roni really inspired to me to run better/faster. And I've been wanting to get back to my pre-baby speed for awhile now. So, I signed up for interval training with my local running club. It starts tomorrow night!

Oh yeah, on the Weight Watcher front. I finally went back to a meeting over the weekend. They just started doing meetings at my gym! How convenient! I really, really liked this new leader (and this meeting is less than a mile from the house). Granted, it was the first ever meeting at this time and location, so I was the only person there, but I don't think that changed the way Linda will lead her meetings. I'm very excited to go back next Saturday, which I think will really help me stay motivated and on plan. I'm not dreading my meeting or what the old leader may say to me. I hope more and more people start coming to this meeting (ahem, Michelle) so they don't cancel it!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

good deal with the WW! and the interval training--i need to work on that and building my core strength...

and i'm going to have to look at that turkey burger recipe :o)

Mile Posts by Dorothy Beal said...

Which marathon are you training for?!? Good for you doing intervals!!!

Lauren P said...

I'm training for Marine Corps. I'm trying to find something else to do this fall, another half, a sprint tri. Everything I find is on a weekend I already have commitments. Bummer!