Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Wednesday Night Intervals

It was so nice and cool and overcast night. But as cool as it was, it was very humid. And (sorry if any guys are reading) I'm PMSing. So, I've got all that going on. Plus, my cold is not completely gone. It's now a barking cough, a sore throat that comes and goes, and some slight drainage. I was so not feeling intervals tonight. But I went, I did it, and I'm glad I did.

Tonight we did 1200 repeats (3 laps around the track or 0.75 miles). We could do this 2, 3 or 4 times. I choose 3. We were supposed to hit these at about the same pace we did our timed mile, just to teach ourselves pace. We could run each lap of the 1200 at the same pace, start slow and speed up with each lap, or start fast and slow down with each lap. Being that I'm not feeling so hot, I just want to run each lap at the same pace, about 2:30, for a total of 7:30. I ran the first set at 7:31, the second at 7:46, and the third at 7:20.

No comments: